Attending a BDRP meeting early is highly recommended, particularly for major proposals in the Burwood Strathfield Town Centres.
The success of the panel meeting is dependent upon the quality of information provided to the panel for consideration. Applicants are encouraged to consider carefully the information present and provide specific questions to the panel. The applicant must also pay the required fee specified in Council’s Fees and Charges
Importantly, the applicant must provide briefing material ahead of the panel meeting. Consideration should be given to the follow in preparing for the meeting:
- Following receipt of all information and payment of fees, the request will be allocated to the next available panel
- Include a written description of the proposal and summary of planning issues
- Provide a site analysis including contextual information, neighbouring properties and other key features
- Outline key plans, concept plans and preliminary design elements of the proposal
- Provide typical elevations and perspectives
- Include Site access and servicing arrangements
- Site survey showing existing RL’s or contours
- Details of landscaped areas, communal open space or other features that contribute to the public realm
- Preliminary assessment to the achievement of design excellence
It is requested that all information be in electronic format and suitable for transmission via email.