Council follows its adopted Graffiti Management Policy in order to keep our local government area clean and beautiful.
Council can remove graffiti that is:
- offensive in nature and accessible from a public place
- located on council assets and/or property
- on surfaces not above 2.4 meters in height from the ground
Your help in reporting graffiti is important, it helps us to identify offenders and to target hotspots.
The steps to make a report are:
- Report the graffiti to the NSW Police on the Police Assistance Line (PAL) on 131 444 and record the event number police provide you with.
- Go to the VandalTrak website or download the free app on your smart phone.
- Log in and register the graffiti - don't forget to include the relevant Police Event Number.
If your property has been vandalised
Council are able to remove graffiti from your residential property at no cost to you, provided you have engaged with us through our
Deed of Agreement(PDF, 693KB)
You can return your signed agreement to Council's Chambers or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the agreement has been returned, Council will endeavour to remove the identified graffiti in a timely manner using the best practice and equipment to do so.
If your business premises has been vandalised, relevant Fees and Charges will apply to have the graffiti removed by Council prior to the works being carried out, as well as a signed Deed of Agreement.