Residents are offered regular e-Waste, mattress and whitegood drop-off days with loads limited to household quantities only.
Non-accepted items include tyres, paints, batteries, gas bottles, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, small electrical appliances and heaters.
Paints, batteries, gas bottles can be recycled at Canada Bay Recycle Centre (15-17 Regatta Rd, Five Dock)
Proof of residence is required, such as licence or rates notice.
By entering the Operations Centre all persons agree to the following:
- Proof of residency in the Burwood Council area will be required – either a driver’s licence, Council rates notice or other suitable proof.
- Residents are required to check-in using the Service NSW Covid-safe QR code at the entrance to the Operations Centre before access is granted.
- Residents are required to show Council staff a confirmed check-in from the Covid-safe app.
- The Operations Centre is a working depot and Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to leave the vehicle.
- Persons should maintain physical distancing between themselves and Council staff.
- Council staff are not able to assist with lifting items. Residents dropping off items must arrive with the number of persons (over 16 years of age) required to assist with lifting items out of their vehicles.
- Persons are required to wear face masks when outside their vehicles.
- Residents attending the Operations Centre must comply with any other sign-posted restrictions.
Drop-off days 2023
Location: Council Operations Centre, 8 Kingsbury Street, Croydon Park
Phone: 9911 9911
Events cancelled: 4, 18 March & 1 April 2023
Council’s weekend recycling drop-off days are cancelled for March and April due to the Burwood Council Operations Centre being closed for works. Drop off events are expected to recommence from 15 April.
Alternative disposal and recycling options are provided below.
E-waste is accepted free of charge at the following locations:
- Harvey Norman, 250 Parramatta Rd, Auburn (televisions only)
- Officeworks, 51 Roberts Rd, Greenacre (computers, monitors, printers & peripherals only)
- Officeworks, 213 Parramatta Rd, Five Dock (computers, monitors, printers & peripherals only)
- Cleanaway Resource Recovery Centre, Old Hill Link, Auburn
Mattresses & White Goods
Mattresses and white good are accepted as part of Council’s Household Clean-up Service. Each residential rated property has two free clean-up collections per year, one scheduled clean-up (date set by Council) and one booked clean-up.
Council partners with the Bower Reuse Centre to provide free home collections of usable items. The Bower also provides a reuse database with alternative reuse options.
All loads will be inspected and Council has the right to turn away unaccepted items.
e-Waste is not accepted in Council's Clean-Up Service, both scheduled and booked. TechCollect is collecting the e-waste as part of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme (NTCRS)
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (eg internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (eg mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, faxes, scanners and multi-functional devices
- All televisions
- washing machines
- clothes dryers
- air conditioners
- ovens and stoves
Mattresses are limited to two per household. Residents will be required to show proof of their address.