During this period all visitors to the Community Recycling Centre to:
- Refrain from entering Community Recycling Centre if you are unwell. We are happy for you to return when you are well.
- Maintain a safe social distance of 1.5 metres from people while you are visiting.
Staff are happy to remove the items from your vehicle while you remain in your vehicle.
Please note staff will be wearing protective equipment for their safety.
Community Recycling Centre
The City of Canada Bay Community Recycling Centre for problem household wastes is located at 15-17 Regatta Road, Five Dock. The Centre is open to ALL Burwood Council residents. The opening hours are:
- Tuesday to Friday: 8am — 3pm
- Saturday: 7am — 4pm
- Closed most public holidays
The problem wastes, listed below, accepted at the Centre will be sent for specialist recycling and must never be placed in any of your household bins.
You can drop off the following problem wastes for free:
- Oil and water-based paint
- Motor, cooking and other oils
- Car and household batteries
- Gas bottles
- Fluoro globes and tubes
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke detectors
Only household quantities of problem waste and up to 100L paint will be accepted. Maximum individual container size of 20L or 20kg. Please transport your materials carefully. Dangerous goods and items other than those listed will not be accepted.
Household chemicals such as solvents, poisons and pool chemicals are not accepted.
For more information visit the NSW EPA's Community Recycling Centre website.
This project was supported by the NSW Environmental Trust as part of the NSW EPA’s Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.