Council offers a pensioner rebate to eligible pensioners to assist in paying rates and annual charges.
Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:
- $250.00 on ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services;
- $87.50 off their annual water rates and charges (where service is provided by council);
- $87.50 off their annual sewerage rates and charges (where service is provided by council).
Generally, the concessions are available to eligible pensioners, however concessions may be granted to ratepayers suffering financial hardship in certain circumstances.
Holders of the cards listed below are eligible for the concession:
- Holders of a Pensioner Concession Card (PCC);
- Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘TPI’ (Totally Permanently Incapacitated);
- Holders of a gold card embossed with ‘EDA’ (Extreme Disablement Adjustment);
- War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement*.
Holders of cards other than those listed above are not eligible for the concession.
*If you are a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner but do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, you should contact the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) to test your eligibility. Eligibility is determined by an income and assets test.