NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Burwood Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year will be announced on Thursday 26 January at our Australia Day - Celebration of Citizenship event.
Burwood Council invites your nominations for the Burwood Citizen of the Year Awards 2023.
If you know someone who makes a real difference in our community, nominate and give them the opportunity to be rewarded and recognised for their important contribution!
All candidates and nominators will be invited to attend Council’s Burwood Citizen of the Year Awards ceremony where the awards will be announced and presented. The winners of these awards will be invited to participate and represent the Burwood community at various events and initiatives throughout 2023.
Nominations are open for:
- Citizen of the Year (aged 26+)
- Young Citizen of the Year (aged 16-25)
Please read the Conditions of Entry and Judging Criteria carefully below before completing the nomination form.
Please visit Council's Customer Service Centre to complete a nomination form in person.
Conditions of Entry
- must be Australian citizens and be a resident / a student / a worker or a volunteer in the Burwood local government area
- must be 26 or over on 26 January 2023 to be considered for the Citizen of the Year Award
- must be 16 years of age and under 25 years of age on 26 January 2023 to be considered for the Young Citizen of the Year Award
- must not be Members of Parliament, former Councillors, or employees of Burwood Council
- must not be members of the Australia Day Committee or have received Australian or Imperial Honours
- must be nominated by someone other than themselves
Council reserves the right to withdraw an award if further information or the recipient's conduct draws the Citizen of the Year Awards into disrepute.
Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- The nominee must have contributed significantly to their community in any field.
The contribution will demonstrate an active concern for the rights, welfare, well-being and/or the advancement of others.
Such a contribution could have been made to the general community, community groups, or individuals within the community.
- A person may be considered who has displayed an act of compassion, generosity or bravery.
Late applications and those which do not meet the entry criteria (including completion of entry form) will not be able to be accepted.
Nominations close on Wednesday 21 December 2022 at 5:00pm AEST.