Burwood Council is providing a Justice of the Peace service - Witnessing documents remotely using an Audio Visual Link (AVL)
The documents are limited to Commonwealth statutory declarations in NSW or affidavits under section 26 of the Oaths Act 1900 (NSW)
- The signatory must be located in NSW
- The signatory must sign the document using Audio Visual Link (AVL) the witness must see the signatory sign the document in real time over the AVL
- The signatory is required to scan and email to the document to the witness
- The witness will sign the document or an exact copy of the document, as evidence that they witnessed the signature
- The witness must be reasonably satisfied that the document they sign is the same document, or a copy of the document signed by the signatory.
- The witness must endorse the document with a statement that specifies the method used to witness the signature and that it was witness in accordance with section 14G of the Electronic Transactions Act 2000 (NSW)
- The witness will scan and email the document to the signatory.
The remote witnessing provisions do not permit copies of documents to be certified remotely
- A document cannot be certified as a true copy of the original
To make an appointment call 9911 9911