Much of the information held by Council is available as classed under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 as open access information and must be released accordingly. Council is also obliged to ensure that the following types of open access information are proactively made available on its website, in addition to any other open access information it publishes there. These are:
1. The Council Agency Information Guide(PDF, 511KB) – this includes important details about the structure and functions of Council (including how members of the public can participate in the exercise of Council functions) and details about the sorts of information Council holds and how to access it.
2. Any information about the Council contained in any document tabled in Parliament by or on behalf of the Council, other than any document tabled by order of either House of Parliament.
3. Council policy documents that deal with matters affecting members of the public.
4. Disclosure log(PDF, 131KB) of access applications made to Council which result in provision of wider access to the information if it is considered to be of broader public interest.
5. Register of government contracts entered into by Council with a value of $150,000 or more.
6. Record of any open access information (if any) that Council does not make publicly available because of an overriding public interest against disclosure.