Membership to Burwood Library and Community Hub is free for Burwood Local Government Area (LGA) residents and those living in
the Ashfield, Botany Bay, Kogarah, Marrickville and Strathfield LGAs due to an
ongoing agreement with these Councils. You need to fill in a membership form and provide two (2) forms of ID:
• one (1) form of ID that has your name and current address. For example, Drivers Licence, Rental agreement, Bank Statement or pension card; and
• one (1) form of ID that just has your name. For example, Medicare card, credit/debit card, passport
Children under the age of 18 will require a parent's signature to join. As a member of Burwood Library and Community Hub, you will have access to quality information and leisure resources.
Click here to download the membership form
Conditions of Lending
- Please bring your membership card to the Library whenever you wish to borrow. Items will not be issued without your membership card.
- As you are responsible for the card issued to you, please notify the Library as soon as possible if you lose your card or change your address. A fee will be charged to replace lost or stolen cards.
- Loans: A maximum of 30 items can be borrowed at any one time. Loans are for 3 weeks.
- Date due: A print out of the items borrowed and due date will be issued with the items.
- Items with a three week loan period may be renewed if not overdue or on reserve for another borrower. Please supply your membership number when ringing to renew a loan. Overdue items may not be renewed.
- Borrowers can check their own loan records by logging into their account via the On-Line Library Catalogue. A membership card number and 4 digit pin number is required.
- Remember that fines will be charged from the day an item is overdue. For information about Fees and Charges go to Council's Rates, Fees and Charges page and look at the Statement of Revenue Policy document pg 43 "Burwood Library - Library Services Charges"
If you have any outstanding items or fines owing you may not be able to borrow any items.
- Overdue notices will be sent out daily. If items are returned on the due date or within 3 days of the due date and you have received a notice, please ring the Library to confirm the return of the items.
- Please do not hesitate to ask staff for assistance or to explain any of the procedures to you which will improve the service available to you.