Membership to Burwood Library is free to all, upon production of two forms of identification, one with name and current address. As a member of Burwood Library, you will have access to quality information and leisure resources.
Joining the Library
When joining the library we require that two forms of identification, one with your name and current address, be produced. Children under the age of 18 will require a parent's signature to join.
Conditions of Lending
- Please bring your membership card to the Library whenever you wish to borrow. Items will not be issued without your membership card.
- As you are responsible for the card issued to you, please notify the Library as soon as possible if you lose your card or change your address. A fee will be charged to replace lost or stolen cards.
- Loans: A maximum of 30 items can be borrowed at any one time. Loans are for 3 weeks.
- Date due: A print out of the items borrowed and due date will be issued and placed with the items.
- Items with a three week loan period may be renewed if not overdue or on reserve for another borrower. Please supply your membership number when ringing to renew a loan. Overdue items may not be renewed.
- Borrowers can check their own loan records by logging into their account via the On-Line Library Catalogue. A membership card number and 4 digit pin number is required.
- Remember that fines will be charged from the day an item is overdue. Fines are 30c per item per day for all members.
- If you have any outstanding items or fines owing you may not be able to borrow any items.
- Overdue notices will be sent out daily. If items are returned on the due date or within 7 days of the due date and you have received a notice, please ring the Library to confirm the return of the items.
- Please do not hesitate to ask staff for assistance or to explain any of the procedures to you which will improve the service available to you.
Lending Services include