A busy cafe scene in Burwood's town centre.
Outdoor dining in Burwood's town centre
Situated just 12 kilometres west of Sydney's CBD, Burwood's residents produce an annual GRP of more than $1.9 billion, making the area truly the hub of the Inner West. With a broad spectrum of businesses and economic output, Burwood and its surrounding suburbs are the right choice for investors, new business and employees looking for a dynamic environment.
- Headline Gross Regional Product - $1.924 billion
- Household disposable income - $1.445 billion
- 19,738 people work in the area
- 3,789 registered businesses
- The health care and social assistance industry is the biggest employer of staff
- The finance and insurance industries add the most value to the area and have the highest per capita monetary output
- 34,079 residents live in Burwood Council's area (2011)
For more insights like these, click through to Burwood Profile's Economic Tool here
For more information please contact Council's Community and Business Engagement Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9911 9982.